Thursday, March 13, 2008

Warm Weather Bands

Today, I've been in the best mood. I can't remember the last time I was this happy. After a long period of very little going right, this week nothing can go wrong. The weather was amazing today, and no one can help but be happy. The feeling on the streets is indescribable, everyone's moods have been lifted. In a time like this, your musical choices must go along with your mood to enhance it even more. Today I listened to sunny bands that only made me smile more. There's music that I only whip out during the warm months because they have that warm feeling that you don't want to ruin by bringing out during cold weather. Here are my three choices for music today:

Headlights
The epitome of good-feeling music. For real. You can't help but feel happy when you listen to "TV" or "Cherry Tulips". It's in no way corny either like some poppy, happy-go-lucky music can be. You just want to give people hugs when you listen to it, or dance around in colorful outfits with Leslie Feist.











Kings of Leon

Everything is in a major key and every drum beat and tambourine shake calls for you to run wherever it is you're going. The amped-up bass-lines scream Jet, and the twangy guitars resemble the Strokes. Caleb's 'let-go-of-all-your-
inhibitions-and-yell-out-however-you-want- even-if-it-comes-out-as-something-no-one-can-
understand-just-because-it-makes-you-feel-
good
' lyrics make you wish you were in his place. Everyone just sounds like they're having fun.





Minus the Bear
This mostly applies to Menos El Oso. The whole album makes you feel as if you're sitting "on a Beach in the Mediterranean". It's hard not to throw the word "Romanticism" around when considering their lyrics. You can feel exactly what Jake Snider was feeling as he wrote the songs when you hear such lyrics as he says "Is it possible to put this night to tune and move it to you" or "I hope the weather holds / But you don't need the sun to make you shine. / These island towns don't care for city folk / but I think we can starve the city from our minds."

I couldn't hold it in. I felt I needed to share my good mood bands to spread joy.

No comments: