Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Alaska you a question... was that really the best decision?

Forgive the corny pun, and forgive the late discussion on this issue. Up until now I've kept politics out of the blog in the sense that I've rarely discussed specific players. But I have to question the strategy of Sarah Palin in stepping down as Alaskan governor. She's obviously getting ready to campaign for President. I think even Jessica Simpson could figure that one out. Now, I would think I'm posing the obvious question that's on everyone's mind, but maybe not since Mrs. Palin failed to consider it: If the biggest concern from the American public in the last election was her lack of experience in governments and a lack of knowledge of its workings and strategy, wouldn't it be detrimental to, oh I don't know, drop out of the government altogether?

I'll leave it at that.

Music of the day: I talked about a song I wanted to throw at you guys last time. The time is here and now, people. Lackthereof is the solo project of Menomena drummer Danny Seim. As in the case of Dan Rossen and Department of Eagles, it's not fair to call it a "side project" because, though less popular, he's been recording albums longer than Menomena's existed. Anyway, his newest album, Your Anchor, is genius, and Menomena fans will enjoy it immensely because it doesn't stray far from the band's signature sound. This video is my favorite song on the album (convenient, right?). Here's Lackthereof with "Ask Permission".


Lackthereof - "Ask Permission"




No comments: