Saturday, July 18, 2009

I love... lamp.

My friend Tim has a hat that says "I love being black". For some reason he refuses to let me wear it... Anyway, I told him that it probably wouldn't go over so well if I wore a hat that says "I love being white". But it's funny how I could probably get away with a hat that says "I love being German". Better yet, if it said, "I (beer mug) being German". It's funny how that works. Anyway, I was thinking about that at work today because Allison and I were talking about Festa Italiana(which we decided against going to because it's $12). I'm not complaining about it, I just think it's funny that being more specific about one's ethnicity is more politically correct. To analyse such things would require going deep into the nature of society, which is something that being a history major often requires, but is not something I wish to explore right now.

Why? has a new album, Eskimo Snow, coming out in September. Pitchfork Media recently drew my attention to a song from that album via Stereogum. Yoni had said that this was the "least hip-hop" album he's been a part of, and I'd have to say that "This Blackest Purse" is a good indication of that. However, it still seems to promise good things. The single got me excited and persuaded me to obtain the songs from the EPs that I still didn't have. The song of the day is a song off of the "Rubber Traits" EP, "Dumb Hummer". And yes, it is the official video.

Why? - "Dumb Hummer"

No comments: