Thursday, January 28, 2010

Politics on the Pot?


So I'm sitting on the toilet and I read "Don't forget to spay and neuter your liberals". Liberals had been crossed out and replaced with 'conservative bigots'... Next to it said "Bush Cheney Oil". The stall was full of commentary about politics. I thought to myself, You know, it seems like about 75% of stall comments are about politics. Maybe it's because I'm on a campus. But I feel I've seen it just about everywhere I've gone. Do people instinctively think about politics on the pot, or is it just the idea that bathroom commentary has to be bold and powerful? What do these people mean to accomplish by doing this? Are undecided votes won on the toilet? Do people think their deepest when they're squeezing one out? Maybe it's because they're alone with no distractions. Or maybe they're reading the paper and are enraged by something they've read. This phenomenon just fascinated me. I leave it up to you.

1 comment:

Scott said...

At Carleton, there are several on-campus "celebrities" of whom bathroom graffiti is written, often in the style of a Chuck Norris quote. One example is recently graduated senior "Vinayak", as in:

"Imma let you finish Kanye, but Vinayak was the best OF ALL TIME!"