Sunday, February 10, 2008

Only in Madison...

I'm starting a segment called "Only in Madison...". It's pretty self-explanatory.

So I'm walking down State Street yesterday. If you don't know about State Street, it's basically the place to go for shopping and food on campus, as well as where the big Halloween festivities take place. Anyway, we come to Park St. and right before the court, we can hear music being played from a boombox. It was Incubus. Can't remember the song. Anyway, we're like, what's going on.

All of a sudden I realize, there is a girl in a bikini holding a sign. Mind you, it is negative 5 degrees outside. I was like, wow, there must be some huge message on the sign for her to be outside in a bikini in negative 5 degree weather with a negative 30 degree wind chill in a bikini. Something she's really passionate about. Something really important that society needs to know...

"Jebus loves sluts".

Yeah. That's what it says. The "b" is not a misspelling either. Now at first I laughed. Really hard. That is the most random thing I've ever seen. Then I stopped and thought about it. Who decides, I'm going to go out today, on the coldest day of the year, one with 40 mph winds, and stand in a bikini with a sign saying "Jebus loves sluts." What exactly was she trying to accomplish? Was it an anti-religion sign? Was it a lost bet? I don't know. I was just confused... but amused. Only in Madison...

No comments: